If you have any questions which are not listed below, feel free to give one of our UK Web Designers a call on 0800 9055 5999.
What is a CMS and does my website need one?
CMS is an abbreviation for content management system. The most popular CMS in the world is WordPress.
- What is a CMS – A CMS is a content management system which allows you to update your website easily without the needing knowledge of coding. With CMS built website you will be able to update content, images and so much more with just a few clicks.
- Why your website needs a CMS – A CMS will allow you to update your website with no coding knowledge at all. A CMS also has built in features for SEO, so you can optimise your website for search engines like Google.
If I have my website built by The Web Designer Group, will it have a CMS? – YES OF COURSE
At The Web Designer Group we build all of our websites with the world’s leading CMS: Wordress. This means after your website is built your will be able to add pages, change text, add images and so much more with just a few clicks. We also include an easy too use page builder, so making or editing a new page is easy as 1,2,3…
What is HOSTING?
There are several different types of hosting, however the 2 most common are:
- SHARED HOSTING: Generally shared hosting is the cheapest. This is when thousands of websites are on the same server and server resources are shared between each website.
- DEDICATED HOSTING: This is one of the most expensive options, as its means you can dictate what resources are available to what website.
Google now takes website speed as a major factor in ranking on Google Search. The faster your website the higher you will rank.
What type of hosting does The Web Designer Group offer? DEDICATED HOSTING
The Web Designer Group has several dedicated servers here in the UK; Maidenhead Data Centre & Coventry Data Centre. We want to ensure your website doesn’t just look good, but also super fast. That’s why we host all of websites on our DEDICATED SERVERS.
Why do we charge a MONTHLY FEE?
The monthly fee you pay every month covers your website for:
- Website Hosting
- Website Maintenance
- Website Security Updates
- Website SSL Security
- Website Plugin Updates
- UNLIMITED Access to our dedicated Support Portal – (This is where you can request us to make changes to your website for you)
NO MATTER HOW MANY WEBSITE CHANGE REQUESTS YOU SUBMIT, YOU WILL ONLY BE CHARGED THE SAME MONTHLY FEE.
Once the website is built, do I OWN THE WEBSITE?
At The Web Designer Group we would love for you to be a customer of ours forever…
However if you wish to do so at any point after your website is built, you have full capacity and ownership to take your website to another company. Domain names we hold can be transferred away subject to a £25+vat admin fee.
How do I PAY for a WEBSITE?
- Secure Debit / Credit Card Payments via PayPal & Stripe
- Bank Transfer
The monthly fee we charge is payable by recurring card payment, and starts 1 month after you have ordered your website.
Do I get access to the WEBSITE ADMIN Panel?
We provide all customers with a full Website LIVE email, which will contain your website login credentials, email credentials and copies of a HIGH RES Logo if we created one for you.
Using the website admin panel, you will be able to add pages, change text and add images easily. Or we can do it for you, which is included as part of the monthly fee.
Do I get the padlock feature on my website?
The reason why we offer this level of security as standard is because Google ranks website higher which have padlocks, and we want all of our customer websites to do well.
Can I add pages to my website myself?
You will have full website admin panel access, with the world’s leading CMS: WordPress. This will allow you to add pages with just a few clicks.