Churning out good web design on a consistent basis can get difficult over time. But, it doesn’t have to be. To make things easier for yourself, start by finding out how you want the end result to look like. This requires a plan of action that will detail every step that you need to follow on the web design process.
Here are three key questions that you should ask yourself to figure out what kind of web design you need when designing a photo booth website:
Who Will Be Using the Website?
Your first step is to find out which members of your team will be managing your website. That way, you can decide on the systems that you need to put in place so that you can to produce, analyse and publish web content.
If you’re updating an existing website, keep in mind that the new design might require a switching of roles between team members.
Next, find out what your target market will be. Think about how the user experience will be like for people who visit your website, whether it’s customers, prospects or partners. Make an effort to understand the user’s needs so that you can put the right effort in place to cater to those needs.
Which Features Should You Include?
While there are many features available for web designers to choose from these days, it’s important to only select the ones that will add value to the user experience.
Here are just a few of the most popular features that you can include in your web design:
- Photography: It’s always a good idea to add fresh images to your website on a regular basis, especially if you’re designing a photo booth website. Then, you’ll have to decide on the placement of these images to maximise visibility and responsiveness.
- Video: Video can be a great storytelling medium, and these days there’s no better way to communicate your brand’s message than with a story. Again, you have plenty of options to choose from here, whether it’s to embed the video into your website or to incorporate it via a separate platform like YouTube or Vimeo.
- Maps: Incorporating a map into your web design is a great way to improve your SEO visibility.
- Forms: You may also want to add forms to your website as well, like a sign-up form to help you build an e-mail list, a contact form to help users get in touch with you, and an order form.
- Blog: A blog is a great way to drive traffic to your site but it requires a lot of time commitment.
- Social: A business without a social media presence will fall behind the competition so you want to make sure that your business is active on all the major social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. However, you need to have a strategy and a plan for each of them to be effective.
- E-Commerce: A lot goes into setting up and running an online store and it’s something that you need to discuss with your web designer from the beginning.
What Are the Technical Requirements?
The good news is that you won’t have to deal with the technical side of things on your own when you’re designing a photo booth website. Your web design company will walk you through all the details every step of the way.